Taking a vacation on a faraway land is nothing short of exciting and enjoyable. However, even in these trips you are responsible for everything you do. In a world renowned site such as Bali in Indonesia, there are several things which tourists like you should keep away from. Good thing you found this guide to inform you about them.
In a developing country such as Indonesia, the evidence for growth is definitely there, with a strong performance as far as economic growth is concerned. However, majority of the country’s inhabitants have not yet experienced nor enjoyed these developments. As a result, they often trouble foreign tourists whom they think can solve their problems.
Here are some of the activities and things which you should consider not doing:
- Giving to Beggars – Most foreign tourists are just too kind to ignore beggars and little children. However, such kind acts would only encourage them to continue what they are doing and not earn money in a more dignified way.
- Swimming beyond flags in beaches – The beaches of Bali have mostly strong currents which may cause trouble to tourists, especially children. That is why flags are placed in some parts of the sea. Going beyond these flags would mean trouble for you.
- Anything involving illegal drugs – In recent years, there have been several cases of foreigners who disguise themselves as tourists when in fact their purpose was to sell and trade illegal drugs and other merchandise. There are strict penalties once you are caught red-handed in any of these acts so make sure you stay away from them.
- Drunk driving – At night, drunk driving is strongly discouraged because of potholes and other road problems. If you are not careful, you may get into an accident and suffer injuries.
- Changing money currency within the island – It is not recommended to change money through people around. Most of the time, they would just charge too much for the service and get a huge chunk of your money.
- Getting involved in scams – While most Balinese would not engage in such acts, you should still ensure that you do not fall prey to their dirty tactics and schemes.
If you want to have a safe and enjoyable trip in Bali, make sure you keep away from these things. In addition, you may want to pick a Bali villa that is farther away from busy streets or roads. Doing so will allow you to have more ‘breathing room’ and be able to fully enjoy the benefits of your vacation. However picking the best Bali villa is not the simplest and easiest of tasks.
Choosing a reputable and reliable Bali villa requires a lot of research. Aside from asking your friends and colleagues regarding recommended options, you still have to do your own research. Fortunately, the Internet offers free resources which you can rely on. Once you have found the perfect accommodation for your vacation, you will have fewer worries. Of course, you just need to keep away from the things mentioned and pointed out above.